baslinux - Re: [BL] mplayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mplayer
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 17:22:55 +0000 (UTC)

I have two AWE32 ISA cards (one pnp, one jumpered) where mplayer plays mp3, ogg, and wav files offline, and at least one of them plays all the radio and TV stations with sound.

I have one pnp AWE32 and also one PCI SBLIVE card that will not play mp3, ogg, or wav files offline, or (the AWE32) the sound at some TV and radio sties. The Italian GRP site plays sound, the Russian and Spanish sites do not. Timidity, playmidi, mpg123 and sox (play) all work. So does the sound in DOS (the diagnose program, anyway).

The defective AWE32 card worked two days ago at all these sites. Presumably something went bad in the hardware. The sound was cutting out the last day that it did work for TV.

What is different in format between the following (classical/public) working and non-working stations?
(These are all classical/public stations.)

Both working and non-working stations tell me:
'Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm:mp3lib .
Are these different types of mp3?

Don't work with this card and mplayer (mpg123 works fine):

kska: http://stream.kska.org:8290 kvlu: http://140.158.39.11:8000/
weku: http://pubint.ic.llnwd.net/stream/pubint_weku
(I used to listen to this one all the time with mplayer)
kcme: http://www.live365.com/play/kcme

Do work with this card:

wdav: http://audio.ibiblio.org:8000/wdav-24k kuat: http://150.135.250.53:7000/
mbpc: http://pubint.ic.llnwd.net/stream/pubint_mbpc