baslinux - Re: [BL] test svga

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] test svga
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 14:03:58 +0000 (UTC)

A problem with svgalib:
When I use zgv under lynx to view an image (at Craigslist you need to type in a 5 letter verification word to post) it does something odd to the video such that my cursor goes from white to black, many of the lynx colors also change so I have black on blue and other unreadable combinations. I also get black on black in Pine when trying to view the URL they send for confirmation in my email (but I can save the email, convert to html, and view it all with lynx, then type in the URL).
The cursor change persists when I exit lynx. Reset does not help.
Where the blinking cursor (underline) should be I see a letter with less intensity of white.
This has not happened when viewing other images, but I would like to understand the problem before reporting it to Craigslist. They must be using some odd image format.

The computer I noticed the problem on is the eMachine which won't display svgalib or Xvesa properly if I boot via loadlin with config.sys. I will test it on another computer once I replace that modem.

What might I try to fix the problem other than a reboot?