baslinux - Re: [BL] Emachine Etower 333 only boots with kernel 2.4.31, loadlin

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Emachine Etower 333 only boots with kernel 2.4.31, loadlin
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 23:20:04 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Are there other brands besides Gateway, Emachine, and
Compaq that act this screwy with loadlin and even lilo?

I have two Compaq DeskPros. Both work fine with loadlin
lilo.
Yours is not SCSI. LILO won't work unless we add an IDE drive to the SCSI drive.

We have a DELL to try next.

I have one DELL Optiplex. It works fine with loadlin and lilo.
I think we have that.

Can I specify a different kernel when booting with lilo without
reinstalling lilo?

No (AFAIK).

I will edit lilo.conf and make another LILO boot floppy disk with a choice of kernels for BL3.