baslinux - Re: [BL] Fw: Re: BasicLinux Internet access

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Fw: Re: BasicLinux Internet access
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 12:04:45 +1200

Jerry H Chambers wrote:

> I saw another interesting two floppy Linux called "BlueFlops".

BlueFlops is based on uClibc and SVGAlib graphics (not X).
It's more like BL1, which had SVGAlib graphics (instead of X).

The problem with uClibc/SVGAlib is the lack of add-ons.
There are very few uClibc binaries available.
There are very few SVGAlib binaries available.

BL3 is based on libc5 and X. There are many binaries
available for libc5 and/or X (eg in Slackware 4.0).

BL3 was designed to be a good foundation for add-ons --
that's why the DOS version (the primary BL3 version) has
15mb free for add-ons.

It seems to me that BlueFlops is a dead-end for users. There
is little they can do beyond what is provided on the floppies.