baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 boot problems

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 boot problems
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 02:28:01 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Is there some advantage to sparse-super?

I think it is faster to e2fsck a sparse-super partition.

Would it be difficult or impossible for me to compile a
static mke2fs that will work on sparse-super partitions?

Should be possible. You'll want to compile both mke2fs
and e2fsck.

The latest source code, whole package, is 3.5MB package. Version 1.38. Since version 1.24 it has compiled with dietlibc. Since some earlier version with libc5. I found instructions for a 'lightweight linux' for older hardware, involving busybox and uclibc, and compiles e2fsprogs I think with uclibc. I may attempt it some day, with help. I don't have BL3 set up for compiling.

Some earlier version won't do partitions over 2GB without trashing them.

There is also a linux defrag that hardly anyone uses.