baslinux - Re: [BL] Compaq Deskpro and Presario versus Basiclinux

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Compaq Deskpro and Presario versus Basiclinux
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 18:59:43 +0000 (UTC)

The Compaq Presario which had a sudden IDE controller problem has been fixed by removing some damp dust from the board, which sat in a basement for a few years before we got it. It had cpu and RAM problems for a while until we plugged them in and out numerous times (corrosion).

There is not much point in getting my 2.4.31 kernels to boot loop on a scsi drive because when I boot them on an IDE drive I cannot write to any files: ERROR 30: R/O file system. The only thing I changed in the boot.bat file was the kernel image name. I must have compiled something
wrong in the kernel.

Win one, lose one.