baslinux - Re: [BL] Can't boot BL2 ramdisk or BL3 loop from DOS partition on scsi drive

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Can't boot BL2 ramdisk or BL3 loop from DOS partition on scsi drive
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 01:42:15 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Steven, perhaps you could, in the next BL, add an error
message for people who do not have a /dev/hda*

People without a /dev/hda should use the floppy version.

I can't use it to transfer files to linux scsi partitions via ethernet. I need a larger kernel, which won't fit.

that suggests editing linuxrc and adding the /dev for
things like scsi drive, usb pen drive, optical drive,

That's too complicated for the average user. It's much
simpler to install BL3 to its own HD partition (which is
what I recommend).

How do I install BL3 to its own HD partition on a computer with only a scsi drive, without first getting it going in ramdisk or loop version and using a scsi-capable kernel, with initrd.gz that can handle scsi too?

I have posted a scsi substitute for BL3.40 initrd.gz which I am about to test, just add my scsi kernel and change boot.bat to use both.