baslinux - [BL] 2.4.31 kernels won't boot on a computer with IDE zip drive

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] 2.4.31 kernels won't boot on a computer with IDE zip drive
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:11:48 +0000 (UTC)

I can boot BL2 ext2 with the standard BL2 or the standard BL3 kernel as compiled by Steven, which I think support IDEFLOPPY (IDE zip drive). They recognize hda (hard disk with DOS), hdb (IDE zip drive), hdc (hard disk with linux( and hdd (CD-ROM DRIVE).
---
When I boot with the BL2 zimage into RAMdisk BL2 (without 4DOS loaded)
I see:

Partition check:
hda: hda1 hda2
hdc: ....... hdc1

Then nothing else. I can warm reboot.

Why is BL2 ext2 finding hdb but the ramdisk version is not? Same kernel.

---
I then tried to boot to BL2 ext2 with 2.4.31 kernels, David Moberg's and mine without IDEFLOPPY support but I can't even get far enough to see if hdb is found (probably not).

Uncompressing linux...
ran out of input data
-- System halted
---

BL3 loop works fine (2.2.26 standard kernel). I don't have BL2 ext on here yet.

I will try a 2.4.31 kernel with IDEFLOPPY support in both BL2s.