baslinux - Re: [BL] ltmodem, member contributions pages and misc.

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ltmodem, member contributions pages and misc.
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 04:34:02 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I can get that gcc from SW10.2, but what I seem to be missing is libg++.
I also needed pstree but that is in a slackware package. I posted
earlier about this.

You only need those if you want to recompile the ltmodem drivers. To
make the kernel match the modules, you only have to rebuild the kernel
with gcc 3.2.3.

Which you offered to do for me. In order to use gcc 3.2.3 I think I would need to also use a later glibc (which then won't work with older kernels) and I already downgraded back to 2.2.5. If I did want to compile my own ltmodem modules, where would I find libg++? Is it available for older Slackwares?

I compiled several kernels, for various hardwares, such a laptop (no scsi,
no sound, yes pcmcia), desktop (scsi built-in, sound), another desktop
without sound or scsi but with IDE zip drive, etc.

A bzImage based on config.431 is compiling right now. I will test it,
and if it works, send it and the compiled ltmodem drivers to your
freeshell account.

Got them. Will test soon.

David