baslinux - Re: [BL] can't network with Basiclinux on 486

  • From: "Jason Kooner" <jason.kooner AT comcast.net>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] can't network with Basiclinux on 486
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:57:26 -0500

I almost got it working. I installed the rtl8139.o module. I had to mount
the floppy using 'mount /dev/fd0 /mnt', wasn't the floppy supposed to be
mounted during the BL3 install? Anyway, I copied the module to
/lib/modules/2.2.26/misc and typed
-------------
insmod rtl8139.o
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.105
--------------------
BL3.4 is installed on my 486. Also my 486 is plugged into my linksys router.
I could ping to my other computer(Win98) connected to my linksys router, so
I know my hawking card in my 486 is working.
I loaded up the browser, (links-0.90) but I can't browse any web site. I get
"Error Host not found".
I tried editing etc/resolv.conf by changing the DNS to:
---------------
nameserver 68.87.72.130
nameserver 68.87.77.130
Was I supposed to do this?
I found those numbers on my other computer.
I still can't browse the web, I still get "Error Host not found"

What else should I check/try?
What about links-->Setup-->Network options?
I still new at this.
Kooner.