baslinux - [BL] About YABASIC 2.763 interpreter for BL3

  • From: Hermang Mansilla <herman_blues AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] About YABASIC 2.763 interpreter for BL3
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:34:54 -0700 (PDT)

hello,
I found the reported problem with the first yabasic
posted (version 2.763 with color graphics support)
Which works without problems in text mode, but when
you attempt to use graphics, it says that it could not
find a true color visual.
I checked in /etc/Xconfig that X window is in
800x600x15bpp
so I changed that to 16bpp and X window starts ok
Now Yabasic briefly opens a window then it gives an
error about not finding a font 8x6
when I change the defaul font for Yabasic in
/root/.Xresources (I dont remember the exact name)
I edit this file and add something like
yabasic*font name-of-font
it gives the error that it can not use that font and
tries to use a fixed font and quits.
So I think it could be a font problem that has to be
solved in order to be able to run yabasic 2.763
Meanwhile I will download and test the no-color
old version but I would like to use the color version
Anybody knows how to fix this please :-(
I miss colors
Thanks for your attention
Bye!
-HHMM