baslinux - [BL] Voodoo3 pci

  • From: Herman Mansilla <herman_blues AT yahoo.com>
  • To: BasicLinux Mailing List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Voodoo3 pci
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 12:50:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I just installed BasicLinux 3.4 on my PC, details
Mainboard KT400
Processor AMD Athlon XP 1600Mhz
256 MB Ram
VgaCard Voodoo3 PCI 16MB
30GB HardDisk

It boots without problems, but I cannot start XWindow
it gives some wierd error message about
an interrupt not going to the ROM
I would like to hear some hints on solving this.
Maybe this machine is not old enough :-)

I will try tomorrow with a real old machine :-)
486dx4 100MHz
8MB ram
400MB HardDisk
VgaCard RivaTNT PCI 16MB
I will report how it boots in this old machine.

Meanwhile I have a suggestion:
Since the name of the Distribution is BasicLinux,
it would be nice if it included a Basic Language
interpreter like Chimpmunk Basic or Yabasic
I prefer Yabasic, check www.yabasic.de
I remember that I compiled the source in Slackware 4
some years ago, so it should run in BasicLinux
but I lost my Slackware CD, so I cannot compile it
myself, so I want to ask somebody to compile it and
post the binary or send me attached by Email
, so I will be able to use it.
On other topic :
the initial Ramdisk that you are using mounts the
partition as msdos filesystem, which does not let you
see the long filenames from Windows, Why no mount it
as vfat instead?

Thanks,
-Bye
HHMM