baslinux - Re: [BL] RivaTNT works ok

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] RivaTNT works ok
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 16:40:32 +1200

Herman Mansilla wrote:

> the problem is about some incompatibility between
> Voodoo3 and the XVesa server

Xvesa works better with old video cards.

> I will use all the 400MB for BasicLinux from the
> loopback filesystem.

The default loop file is only 20mb. It is possible
to make a bigger one, but it is more efficient to
install BL3 to a separate e2fs HD partition (plus
a separate swap partition).

> Yabasic 258KB but depends on several Libraries like
> ncurses, libICE libX11 etc.

The BL3 version of yabasic does not depend on ncurses
or libICE. It does depend on libX11 (which is in BL3).

> I will try that, but I think this should be done
> from the initial ramdisk to be effective.

You are probably right. Drive C: is mounted by the initrd
(to access the loop file). It probably is not possible to
umount/mount it.

This will not be an issue for people installing BL3 to
a separate HD partition.