baslinux - [BL] Cdrom

  • From: elmarsa dice <elmarsadice AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org" <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Cdrom
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:53:56 -0700 (PDT)

I have installed BL3 and it is booting up properly. My problem is
getting the cdrom to work. (I am running an old P2 350Mz machine
with a fd and IDE cdrom. I installed BL3 using the fd) First
question: is an atapi driver in the basiclinux kernel? If not where
can I find instructions for installing it. In reading Running Linux
I get the impression that to add the driver you need to recompile the
kernel. Is BL3 capable of recompiling the kernel? If someone could
direct me to the literature which explains this I will much
appreciate it.
elmarsa

elmarsa