baslinux - Re: [BL] Serial terminal

  • From: "Karolis Lyvens" <karolisl AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Serial terminal
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 23:13:30 +0300

Well, i'm now using MS-DOS Kermit for this purpose, and it doesn't
have any problems... The only con is that there is no file transfer
support except raw acii logging to file and Kermit protocol. Could you
supply me with a list or a link to list of DOS comm programs which
have X/Y/Zmodem support?

On 5/23/06, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org <3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org> wrote:
Karolis Lyvens wrote:

> I'm trying to use an ancient laptop with BL3 as a serial console...
> But microcom does some weird thing:

Microcom was not designed for this purpose.
I suggest you use minicom (from Slackware 4.0)
or a DOS com program. Because of the popularity
of BBSs in the early 1990s, DOS com programs were
highly developed. I use commo, but there are
several other excellent DOS com programs.