baslinux - Re: [BL] Serial terminal

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: "baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org" <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Serial terminal
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 16:25:30 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Karolis Lyvens wrote:

I'm trying to use an ancient laptop with BL3 as a serial console...
But microcom does some weird thing: when i press enter, enter is sent
to the server twice, effectively disabling login prompt. When i
connect with HyperTerminal from windows, there are no problems.
Inittab entries that define export to serial terminals:

# Local serial lines:
s1:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty -L -f /etc/issueserial ttyS0 9600 vt100
s2:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty -L -f /etc/issueserial ttyS1 9600 vt100

I had the same problem with microcom trying to connect to a local bbs. I posted about this. I forget the details but search on basiclinux and microcom. I gave up trying to use it that way. I set up a serial network in which I did not have to log in (and I think I had to modify some file so I could log in as root). I never managed to transfer files over this network but I could run programs from one computer that resided on the other one, including X.