baslinux - Re: [BL] Serial terminal

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Serial terminal
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:57:18 +0000 (UTC)

You can do a straight kermit file transfer between DOS and linux machines via nullmodem cable, without setting up any serial network first. I installed BL1 on a computer without CD-ROM drive by copying packages from a computer with CD-ROM drive via kermit.

The instructions are in the DOS Kermit and C-Kermit manuals which are online somewhere. I can look them up in my paper manuals if you cannot find them.

It should in theory be possible to do a linux-linux kermit file transfer similarly.

DOS llpro works over parallel or serial transfer cable. You can make a serial transfer cable out of two mice tails, but they don't have enough wires to use as nullmodem cable.