baslinux - Re: [BL] Abiword in Slovene

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Abiword in Slovene
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:25:29 +0000 (UTC)

Abiword does not preserve the formatting of the tables or columns of the doc file I fed it. Antiword does. Catdoc does not.

Antiword works with linux charsets (iso-8859-2) but gives only error messages with cp1250, which is what I ought to send back to Windows users.
I wrote the author about this.

I found charconv, which is supposed to convert between these two formats and should compile with g++ 3.0.1 or later (I really ought to update my compilers gcc and g++ to SW8.1) but refuses to download with a 403 error.

Does anyone know of a precompiled charset convertor I could use to produce cp1250 (or maybe unicode if Windows XP only reads that)?