baslinux - [BL] How to login to SW10.2

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] How to login to SW10.2
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 22:42:22 +0000 (UTC)

We installed SW10.2 to try out gimp-print and whatever else it has to offer. It had less trouble booting after we removepkg'ed hotplug, but what do we enter at the Login: prompt?

We did not install the shadow package.

We tried root, ROOT, and Enter key. What file do we look in to find the password or to add the password?

Darkstar Login:

We can chroot to it from BL3 and it does not ask us to login.

We got 400MB of SW10 without sound or desktop or much in the way of X or compiler, but with man pages and reader and Mozilla (but not Opera or Kermit).

X is looking for Kernel 2.6.