baslinux - Re: [BL] Installing BL3 to hard disk

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Installing BL3 to hard disk
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 07:42:33 +1200

John Mäkelä wrote:

> I have some problems installing BL3 to hard disk.
> I think i created a partition and used mke2fs.

What command did you use for mke2fs?

> I can see the partition in fdisk

Please do: fdisk -l
and tell us what it says about your target partition.

> but when i try to mount it the mount executable
> dosent seem to notice it.

Did you tell mount which partition to mount?
For example, to mount /dev/hda3 at /hd you would do:
mount /dev/hda3 /hd
Please note: that will only work if there is a filesystem
on /dev/hda3. That is what mke2fs does -- it puts a
filesystem on the partition (but you have to tell mke2fs
exactly which partition to put the filesystem on).

Please tell us more about what you are doing.
I am sure we can solve your problem.