baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 hard drive installation

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 hard drive installation
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 08:33:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 1 May 2006, Raymond Nelson wrote:

running fdisk. I'm obviously missing something simple. I have typed at the
/<#> prompt,mount /hd and mount /dev/hda/hd
and mount /dev/hda1/hd, but I get:

Can't find /dev/hda1/hd in /etc/fstab.

I would like to turn on my laptop and BL3 boots up.

What am I doing wrong?

You need a space between hda1 and /hd. So, your command

mount /dev/hda1/hd

should actually be

mount /dev/hda1 /hd

Once you do that, you'll be able to accomplish your installation.

James