baslinux - [BL] BL3 hard drive installation

  • From: Raymond Nelson <rsnelson AT shaw.ca>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 hard drive installation
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 23:55:41 -0400

I have downloaded bl3 and have installed it in ram on my Toshiba Satellite 110ct with no problems.

The problem is that I can't install it on my harddrive.

I have run fdisk and have partitions hda1, hda2, hda5 and hda6 on my laptop.

I have run mke2fs, but am not sure of the details following the command. As far as I know, BL3 is loaded in /dev/ram0 and not on the hard drive. Instructions say to run fdisk and mke2fs to make a partion on the hard drive andas far as i can tell, fdisk did it's job as described above.

However, it says to mount partition at /hd (I'm guessing /hd is a directory) - but the only /hd directory is in /dev/ram0: in RAM.  How do you mount the partition at /hd  when there is no directories in the partions created when running fdisk.  I'm obviously missing something simple. I have typed at the /<#> prompt,mount /hd and mount /dev/hda/hd and mount /dev/hda1/hd, but I get:

Can't find /dev/hda1/hd in /etc/fstab.

I would like to turn on my laptop and BL3 boots up.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ray.