baslinux - Re: [BL] Cleaning Linux BL3 DOS Loop

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Cleaning Linux BL3 DOS Loop
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 07:22:23 +1200

Alejandro Lieber wrote:

> This loop: FS.IMG, a DOS file, has been in use for a
> lot of time. I want to make a Dos Zip file of it.
> To make the zip smaller I need to replace in the loop
> all the characters that are no longer used by programs
> Anyone knows of a linux script to do it ?

I suggest you create (dd) an empty loopfile (FS.NEW)
and format it (mke2fs). Then, using a different Linux,
mount both FS.IMG and FS.NEW. Use one tty to cd to
FS.NEW (where you execute "receive") and another tty
to cd to FS.IMG (where you "send" * to localhost).
Only the existing files will be sent, not the dead
bytes. Then rename FS.NEW to FS.IMG and zip it up.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru