baslinux - Re: [BL] abiword on bl2

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] abiword on bl2
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:12:54 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Kunle 'bona wrote:

i have tried from icewm, kde even fvwm95;

Do you really have kde running on BL3 ???

does it matter?,

If you are talking about the AbiWord package for BL3,
then yes it might matter.

in bl3 i run it on any window manager

I suggest you install the icewm package for BL3 first.
It includes some things that AbiWord might need.

I got it working with the BL3 Xvesa and the BL2 icewm package but then I also had to add rxvt and rgb.txt as well as all the libc6 dependencies for Xvesa and icewm.

Is BL2 running on the same hardware (same computer) as BL3?

I could not get Realplayer8 to work on any but one computer, even in BL2. It could be a hardware problem. It would segmentation fault. And Opera 8.51 segmentation faults on most of our computers (in BL3) but works on a newer one (faster than 300MHz).

BTW if you have tried installing other packages from other
sources on BL3, it is possible they might have messed something
up (particularly if they are not suitable for BL3). If the BL3
AbiWord package is refusing to work on your computer, I suggest
you try running it on a fresh BL3 (I believe there is enough
room on the loop to install it).