baslinux - Re: [BL] unresolved symbol skb_pad

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] unresolved symbol skb_pad
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 07:54:55 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> I had a problem with a PCMCIA ethernet module and also
> PCMCIA modem, with 2.2.26.

I have tried every PCMCIA card I can find, and they all work
with BL3.40 (2.2.26 kernel). No problem at all. That's on
a Toshiba 486 laptop.

> In the config file for the small BL3.40 kernel, rtl8139 is NOT
> included as a module.

That doesn't matter. It simply means the rtl8139 was not
compiled on that run of the compiler.

> Have you tried the 'big' kernel

I would encourage people to try all sorts of variations to try
to narrow down where this "problem" is occuring. I do not get
a problem on any of my hardware.

> My Accton cards (ISA) did work with 3.40 - ne and 8390 are supported.

So are rtl8139, 8139too and eepro100. I use all of those.

> Which other ethernet modules ARE working for other users with BL3.40?

Let me say it again: *everything* I have tried on my hardware has worked.

> I think with kernel 2.2.16 rtl8139 and tulip worked even though
> they were not listed in the config file.

Yes they did.

> Things may have changed in 2.2.26.

Not to my knowledge. It works just the same for me in 2.2.16
and 2.2.26

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru