baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer 1.0pre7try2

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer 1.0pre7try2
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 02:48:14 +0000 (UTC)

The DVD drive is now in a computer with Matrox Millenium VESA 2.0 card.
It does not play DVDs with old or new mplayer in vesa mode. (It also
crashes in vesafb mode if you load any video mode other than default, but
works with matroxfb).

mplayer -vo xmga works with matroxfb as well as fbdev does - they both display the rightmost third of the screen on the far left. I am sticking with svga.

The old mplayer does not do svgalib. The new one does.

I forgot to update the documentation, so the manpages are
for the previous version and do not cover the new features
and modified syntax of the new version. I will upload a fresh
copy with the correct manpages next time. Somehow, I did
remember to update the vidix drivers.

Did you get around to this yet?

I doubt it. The only modifications that I made were:
* Removed the /etc/issue-like message, which I found
kind of annoying
* Removed mencoder
* Replaced mplayer.lz with an updated version
* Updated vidix drivers
* Made the package with makepkg instead of tar

I am having some language problems with a DVD.
Barbara Streisand is saying 'o mon dieu'.

In a dedicated DVD player she speaks English. I can get English by specifying: mplayer -os oss -vo svga dvd://1-5 -alang en

(or French with -alang fr or as default)

mplayer -sub -slang sp does not produce Spanish subtitles - should it?