baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer 1.0pre7try2

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer 1.0pre7try2
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:30:02 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> >> The old mplayer does not do svgalib. The new one does.
>
> > I forgot to update the documentation, so the manpages are
> > for the previous version and do not cover the new features
> > and modified syntax of the new version. I will upload a fresh
> > copy with the correct manpages next time. Somehow, I did
> > remember to update the vidix drivers.
>
> Did you get around to this yet?

No, I'm currently trying to decide how I should distribute the
patches for MPlayer. Right now, I have a few patches, and a
utility to apply them. These allow you to install mencoder,
dynamic mplayer binaries, &c. without having to download tens
of MB of packages. The question is: should I just distribute
what I have (with instructions for unpacking)? or should I make
a friendly shell script to make things easier? I don't really think
that I am competent enough with shell scripting to make a
good script.. Do you have any suggestions?

Anyway, I'll try to upload the fixed manpages first and then
worry about the patch package.

> I am having some language problems with a DVD.
> Barbara Streisand is saying 'o mon dieu'.

The DVD must think that your mplayer is French. I have no
idea why it would think that. It was compiled on an English
(well, American) PC and I didn't enable any international
options.. Odd.

> mplayer -sub -slang sp does not produce Spanish subtitles - should it?

No, I think you need '-slang es' for Espa