baslinux - Re: [BL] compiling with uclibc

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] compiling with uclibc
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:05:47 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> > Try a text-mode web browser, such as links or lynx. Even if
> > this uClibc root is useful for nothing else, it is still useful
> > for building browsers that run almost anywhere.
>
> But these are much larger and more complicated and requiring first
> compiling libncurses and other things,

Unless you use the libncurses that comes with rootfs. What are
'other things'? I only needed to compile ssl and lynx.

> and besides you have already compiled lynx.

The lynx project is due for another release. And it would be
interesting to try elinks - they have rewritten their javascript
parser so I wonder if it works with more websites?

> Do you report to uClibc when things don't work?

I have not reported anything yet. You can take a look at
current bugs and submit your own, if you have found any,
at bugs.busybox.net. (busybox and uclibc share bug
tracking) They also have a mailing list.

David