baslinux - Re: [BL] compiling with uclibc

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] compiling with uclibc
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:52:18 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> Anyway, despite scsi problems and framebuffer use, I was able, with 2.4.31
> kernel, to chroot to /uclibc and the prompt is now:
>
> [root@BasicLinux /]#
> ls shows color and puts / after directories (unlike the BL2 ls)
>
> Is it worth trying to compile ndiswrapper with uclibc?

No, the majority of it is kernel modules which are library-independent.

> It did not work with gcc 2.9.3 - which version did not work for you?

I tried to build the latest version of ndiswrapper with gcc 2.95.3. But
I think the actual problem is with make, so I will upgrade that and
try again.

> I tried to compile fbutils and was told I don't have bison. I do have
> flex, which it also needs.
>
> Then I tried to compile e3 but I need nasm.
>
> Are these available precompiled for uclibc?

Probably not. But they don't take very long to compile, and you
should only need to ./configure and make.

> I think I had compiled this in BL2 by editing out asfxload and alsa lines
> in Makefile.in and copying to Makefile. libasound is I think alsa.
>
> So I tried to edit Makefile.in but there is no pico or e3pi.
> I found vi.

BL3 e3pi is static so you can copy that into the uClibc root and
use it.

> To insert text type i first, to give commands type ESC,
> to exit without saving in command mode type :q! or to save :wq
> To search for also ESC /alsa.

To delete the current line, hold Shift and press D. This is handy
when you need to delete a lot of text at once.

I save by holding Shift and pressing Z twice, didn't know about
:wq.

> If I run 'make' I get a lot of undefined references to 'pow' and 'log' but
> it did get partway through compilation and I have an sfxload.o now.
>
> This had compiled with gcc 2.95.3 or maybe it was egcs. I think I just
> edited Makefile.in and did not configure at all.

Unlike glibc, uClibc has pow and log in libm instead of libc. It appears
that awesfx assumes that is is being used with glibc (and pilot-link
also appears to make the same assumption). Try this:

LDFLAGS="-lm" ./configure

Then remake. Or edit the Makefile(s) and add -lm to the LDFLAGS
or LIBS line.

David