baslinux - Re: [BL] microcom and BBS

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] microcom and BBS
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 04:20:32 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, David Moberg wrote:

If you press ~ in microcom and then t, you will see this screen:

******Set terminal ******
p - set speed choose speed for the serial COM port
m - no CR/NL mapping enable/disable CR/NL mapping for terminal
n - no flow control
h - hardware flow control hardware flow control is preferred for modem
s - software flow control
q - quit help

Perhaps the m option will fix the Enter problem?

David

The m option appears to prevent the modem from receiving AT commands. Not only won't it respond to the init string (at&f1 OK) it also won't go offhook and dial. So I dialed without it.

I am going to try that option now, having already dialed and ssh'ed. I had to hit Ctrl-L after exiting help. That worked, sort of, but now I can do a carriage return but not a line feed - the line feed jumps over a paragraph instead of inserting a blank line when used between paragraphs.

Before I was getting unwanted line feeds with the first Enter. You have narrowed down the problem, anyway. I wonder if the author ever tested this with a bbs.
An Enter at the end of a line followed by another line acts like Ctrl-J (moves the next line back to where Enter was hit). Sindi