baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux-3.40

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux-3.40
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:10:59 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Ken Martwick wrote:

Hi,
I have installed the new BL-3.40 on a Gateway PII HDD
and it works flawlessly. Xvesa worke well "out-of-the-box"
and does not require any special booting or BIOS setup.
An exceptionally well-integrated package, Steven!
As an experiment, BL-3.40 was also tested on an HP Athlon.
Booting was a problem, because the 2.2.x kernels see the
first (only) HDD as /dev/hde. so the "rc" script had to
be changed and an "hde1" device node added. After that,
it boots, but so far, Xvesa just produces a black screen.

I also needed hde1 for a PCMCIA CF adaptor in a desktop computer with added PCMCIA controller, where hda and hdb are hard disks, hdc CD-ROM drive, hdd IDE zip drive. Please add it to the next version.

What do the 2.2 kernels see as hda in your Athlon?

The video is VIA.
Ken Martwick