baslinux - [BL] x on bl2

  • From: Kunle 'bona <debona2 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] x on bl2
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 03:52:25 -0800 (PST)

i recently installed bl2 on my system, i decided to go
a step further and installed a few other packages from
slakware 7.1, anyway i tried to start x but i keep
getting an error about a driver not being configured
for "screen" part of /etc/XF86Config fortunately,
backing up the startx file and using the one supplied
with bl3 i was able to get it to work. Now my
questions are:
How do i send the messages output when i typed startx
to a file or is there a deafault file where i can get
them? i tried checking /var/log/nessages but there was
no output there
My second question is how do i configure the original
startx or the XF86Config file (whichever is
appropriate) so that i can get it to work? (it's the
default files that come with the slakware 7.1 package)
my vga card is an s3 prosavageddr p4m266, my monitor
15" i usually use 1024x768 resolution and on windows
it only displays with 60hz refresh rate

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com