baslinux - Re: [BL] sound under DSL 1.5

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <SheldonIsaac AT MyRealBox.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] sound under DSL 1.5
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 15:06:21 -0500

On 1 Jan 2006 at 19:37, sindi keesan wrote:

> Do you have any non-pnp ISA cards in the computer? If not, everything
> should be automatic.

Not sure. I think the Sportster modem is non-pnp.

Sheldon replied:
> > An error message, something about conflict? I chose IRQ 10 because
> > Windows
> > said the sound card had that interrupt. Though maybe that doesn't mean
> > much. Perhaps the BIOS settings?"
>
> Windows likes to assign all sound cards as IRQ 10. You can probably
> change this manually to IRQ5 in Windows now and have it keep working.

I think I am mixed up: IRQ 10 in Windows is "Creative Labs IDE Controller"
IRQ 5 is "Creative Soundblaster 16 Plug and Play"

> > Now, dmesg's output includes:
> >
> > sb: Creative SB16 PnP detected
> > sb: ISAPnP reports 'Creative SB16 PnP' at i/o 0x220, irq 5, dma 1, 5
> > sb: 1 Soundblaster PnP card(s) found.
> >

> > And Schumann's piano concerto is playing out of my 10 year old
> > Soundblaster speakers!
>
> In BL and/or in DSL?

DSL

I think that yesterday, under BL 3.32 with Steven's 2.2.26 kernel and
Christof's package, I could:

play wavefilename

Thanks again,
Sheldon