baslinux - [BL] sound under DSL 1.5

  • From: Sheldon Isaac <sheldonisaac AT myrealbox.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] sound under DSL 1.5
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 14:18:48 -0500

Well, I looked at the BIOS settings under PNP/PCI or whatever,

Some slot? was fixed at irq 5 , while the others were all set for
automatic or some such,

So I changed that one to automatic or some such, and rebooted.

This time, dmesg under DSL 1.5 did _not_ show the line about confilct I
mentioned previusly:

" On 30 Dec 2005 at 20:12, sindi keesan wrote:
> > Why not use irq=5?
An error message, something about conflict? I chose IRQ 10 because Windows
said the sound card had that interrupt. Though maybe that doesn't mean
much. Perhaps the BIOS settings?"

Now, dmesg's oputput includes:

sb: Creative SB16 PnP detected
sb: ISAPnP reports 'Creative SB16 PnP' at i/o 0x220, irq 5, dma 1, 5
sb: 1 Soundblaster PnP card(s) found.

And Schumann's piano concerto is playing out of my 10 year old Soundblaster
speakers!

Thanks, Sindi and Sam, for your help.

Happy new year to all,
Sheldon