baslinux - [BL] New USB boot floppy

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] New USB boot floppy
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 13:31:18 -0800

I have just uploaded a new linux-usb.tar.gz. It contains the latest
1440.img disk image.

http://us.share.geocities.com/davidjmoberg/linux-usb.tar.gz

The previous release had a bug in the 1440.img busybox rmmod;
rmmod refused to remove any module that had a hyphen in it.
This bug has been fixed. In addition, hostname, gunzip, and
zcat have been added to the busybox.

less-321 (same version as BL3) was added, so you can now
page through long files without saving them first.

libvga.config has been cleaned up. I removed most of the
comments from it, and trimmed it down to a few bare
essential options.

Two new scripts have been added to /sbin: mouse and
usb-storage. mouse toggles between USB and PS/2 mice.
It removes and inserts the mousedev.o module, and also
sets /dev/mouse to point to the correct device.

usb-storage may help you to use an unusual usb-storage
device. Read the long documentation in
/root/README.usb-storage first.

Some basic documentation was added to /etc/issue.

vesafb support has been fixed, so you only need to add
something like 'vga=769' to boot into vesa 2.0 framebuffer
mode.

David