baslinux - Re: [BL] logging system error messages

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] logging system error messages
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 23:08:31 +0000 (UTC)

The crash occurs whenever I try to switch vts (Alt-F1, from one MDA console to another MDA console, using mdacon compiled for this kernel) while running make bzImage or even make dep. It occurs with my vesafb kernel with scsi support compiled in, without scsi support compiled in but with it as modules, and with David's 2.2.16 kernel without any scsi support. It does not occur with the standard zimage for BL2 or with the kernel that I compiled similar to the above but no framebuffer.

So it is framebuffer related. I will try to reproduce it on another computer with a framebuffer kernel. It may be specific to this motherboard, which during boot gave some message about hdb timed out waiting for... and IRQ timeout (these did not remain in dmesg- would syslogd catch them?). I had replaced a previous hdb trying to fix this message, and also turned off UDMA in CMOS because I was getting timouts during operation. I might try turning it off again.

Does framebuffer use DMA oddly?