baslinux - Re: [BL] new release of BL?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] new release of BL?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:26:51 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

David Moberg wrote:

BTW, is this next BL a major or minor version increment?
I guess it breaks compatibility with old modules, so it
should likely be BL4?

It's still a 2.2 kernel, so I'm going to call it BL 3.4

BL2 and BL3 had the same kernel and are different major versions, but also different libraries.

BL1 and BL3 have different kernels but the same library.

Can we upgrade hard drive BL3.32 to BL3.4 by changing kernel and modules and busybox? Will all the add-on packages still work?

If so, that would justify calling it BL3.4.