baslinux - Re: [BL] new 2 linux

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] new 2 linux
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:02:05 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Kunle 'bona wrote:

--- 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Kunle 'bona wrote:

when i try to run the shell i keep getting the
message:
'sh: bash not found' even though with the d
command i can
view the bash file in the bin directory

OK, try this:
--------
cd /bin
ldd bash
--------
What does it say?

it says "cannot execute bash (file/derectory not
found)"
i also have the same problem installing bzip2.

I bet you have the wrong version of bash - get the package from Slackware 4.0. 'file not found' when you try to ldd or execute a file and can see it is there using ls, seems to mean you have a version for the wrong library.

by the way how can i get/install a sound driver and a
network dricer for my pc
snd card: via ac97 enhanced audio controller

A google/linux search on ac97 OSS and 2.2.16 suggests nm256.o (from Slackware 7.1) for a combined audiovisual chipset by Neomagic - the 'Magicmedia 256', used in laptops. I presume if you had a desktop you could add a hard drive instead of using BL3.

network: RTL8139d i think

Insmod the kernel module rtl8139 from Slackware 7.1.

my pc is relatively recent (pcchips p4m266 with vt8235
chipset, cel 2ghz, 256m ram), am using bl3 'cos of
disk space