baslinux - Re: [BL] netpbm

  • From: mikkel meinike <mimeini AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] netpbm
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 07:02:18 +0000

On 10/26/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> What is eps?
eqripsulated (not ritht spell'ed) post script you need it for images
in groff ore latex. I think pnmtops would do but I don't know yet.

The netpbm packages that I have build on my VL4 (SL9 eqevevalent)
dependent on the following libs: (cheked with ldd)

ld-2.3.1.so
ld-linux.so.2
lib.log
libc-2.3.1.so
libc.so.6
libm-2.3.1.so
libm.so.6

As fare as I can see non of this libs is already in my BL3 there is a
libm.so.5 but I think the internal linking between packages should be
able to know the deference between libm.so.5 and libm.so.6 so what I
think is that it should be possible to drop this libs into /lib with
out corrupting the rest of the system. This few libs don't take up
very much space (on floppy) so maybe I could make a packages that
other BL3 users could benefit from. What do you think? I have some
home pages but I don't know if it is possible just to upload a
packages to a homage and link to it and than others can download it do
you know about that?

/Mikkel