baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 with PCMCIA compact flash adaptor

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 with PCMCIA compact flash adaptor
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:21:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, David Moberg wrote:

On 8/23/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Still hoping someone can get the static Abiword
working with BL2

It works perfectly for me on BL2.

and explain to me what I am doing wrong.

Who knows? A permission problem? A font problem?

xset fp+ (to add the Abiword fonts to the path) just gives me error
messages, which I reported earlier.

You should be able to resolve this by either using a 'real' X server
from Slackware 7.1, or by using the BL3 xset.

Why would the BL3 xset work in BL2 when the SW71 xset only generates error messages?

I will try xsvga some time (I have it on one computer), but in BL3 Abiword is working with Xvesa and without xset (at least I get a message about lacking xset when I load Abiword). xsvga might also fix the problem with the two Tseng cards crashing sometimes on exit from Xvesa (which they do not do with xfbdev). However I read online that there are bugs related to Tseng cards in the older XFree86s that they fixed in 4.

David