baslinux - Re: [BL] Christof's sb-bl2.tgz sound package

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Christof's sb-bl2.tgz sound package
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 13:36:01 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

On 8 Jul 05 at 18:58, keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org wrote:

I cannot find this package at the original address
http://www.volny.cz/cce/sb-bl2.tgz - has it moved?

I can find still the BL3 version on the web:

http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov/download/sb-bl3.tgz

I have the BL3 version. Do you have space to put the BL2 version there, and would Steven or James want to mirror both of them?

the mutt packets are in that directory, too. May be in August I will
find some time to clean up my Linux partitions. As I did not
succeed in using Linux to build a local network I have
returned to DOS. I am use Linux just for two very limited tasks:
CD burining and Mail download.

You can also burn CDs with DOS CDROAST - which is unrelated to the linux program of a similar name, and works on a burner that won't work with linux kernels before 2.5. But I could not find a way to copy music CDs with DOS.

BTW: Is there a way to mount an USB memory strick to a BL2 or BL3
system?

You would need a later kernel but I think Steven said BL3 will work with kernel 2.4.

I was able to use USB in DOS to download from a USB camera. I had to add two device lines to config.sys and then it assigned the camera a drive letter. I posted info on this to the list earlier. Maybe the same method would work for other USB mass storage devices.

Christof