baslinux - Re: [BL] Christof's sb-bl2.tgz sound package

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Christof's sb-bl2.tgz sound package
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 13:26:17 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> I cannot find this package at the original address
> http://www.volny.cz/cce/sb-bl2.tgz - has it moved?

Must have. volny.cz/cce appears to no longer have anything
which is BL-related.

> I think Christof used a different mixer than with the BL3 package.
>
> I tried to use aumix from the BL3 package in BL2 (with the required
> dependencies) and 'error opening mixer' - how would I fix this problem?

/dev/mixer does exist and is a character device with major/minor of 14,0,
correct?

> It works in BL2 on another computer, same exact sound card.

I suspect either a bad /dev/mixer file or a hardware/software conflict.

http://217.109.169.18/download/basiclinux/sons-2.tgz

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com