baslinux - Re: [BL] GPF booting linux from hard drive.

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] GPF booting linux from hard drive.
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:38:29 +0000 (UTC)

In this computer (which has a dead onboard Com1) syschk keeps warning us about an internal stack overflow, but setting stacks to twice as many and twice as large did not fix the problem. I think we will dig out the pdf file and jumper the first computer to the right cpu speed (with the 166MHz cpu from the second computer, which we will then recycle).

The overflow problem was intermittent, the computer also had one dead comport, we have too many computers, so we recycled it and saved the 166MHz cpu. One possible reason for the overflow problem was IRQ conflicts but I could not find any.

BL3 loop will NOT boot on the replacement computer, though it will boot on something nearly identical (one might be a revision of the same motherboard). That is now four computers where it won't boot, a DFI, two Gateway/Intels, and one other.