baslinux - Re: [BL] Linux hardware ID prog

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Linux hardware ID prog
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 03:19:08 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 16 May 2005, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Folks,

On Sat, 14 May 2005 21:40:57 -0500 (CDT)
James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net> wrote:

On Sun, 15 May 2005, Ron Clarke wrote:

For DOS, I use NSSI for the same purpose. http://www.navsoft.cz/

But I get more info about my system with NSSI for DOS.

Regards,
Ron

I just downloaded nssi for dos and it installed itself.

I ran it and was told my version was out of date!

I was also given the following misinformation:

1. I have no keyboard (I have an 84-key keyboard).
2. I have no mouse (I have a PS/2 mouse with no driver loaded)
3. I have a joystick (I do not, did it detect the game port?)
4. I have no ISA cards (I have MGA and SB16 sound) but I have a game port
(it is on the ISA sound card).
5. I have no scanner. (It is plugged in but turned on, SCSI).

It found the external modem on Com2.

It did not list PCI devices and/or SCSI devices.

The other information is probably correct, regarding cpu, ram, bios, speed (3x66), board maker (Soyo), chip, and other stuff on the interior.