baslinux - [BL] Basiclinux 3 and KDE

  • From: Lee Jones <slothpuck AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Basiclinux 3 and KDE
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 22:26:42 +0100

Hi,

I've managed to install basiclinux 3 onto an old laptop (a 486
compaq,24 mb ram with a western digital chipset). I've also
successfully managed to install KDE onto basliclinux 3 too but I was
wondering if anyone had done it any better at all?

After installing all the nececcary bits and pieces, the installation
for basiclinux went from around 8mb or so to just over 100mb.

I Installed KDE 1.1 (from slackware 4), QT, libraries, etc but I was
wondering maybe any of these could be cut down in some way to make
them smaller?

KDE 1.1 is certianly slow on a 486, but it's usable :) .

ljones586