baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 02:52:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, David Moberg wrote:

You can get MPlayer now:

http://geocities.com/davidjmoberg/mplayer.tar.gz

Many thanks. Why did you not name it .bz2 yourself?

This is NOT a tarball. Please rename it to mplayer.bz2 first,
then run bunzip2 on it. You should get the 5.6 or so MB file.
Available output drivers:

video

X11, several to choose from
fbdev
vidix
vesa

What do you mean by vesa, svgalib? What is vidix? We just acquired an ATI Rage Vesa 2.0 card - do you know if this handles framebuffer?

various image files

audio

mpegpes
oss
esd
null
pcm
plugin

It's known to play:

mp3s
ogg vorbis
Windows Media files
Quicktime
WAV files
Most AVI files, with open codecs
DVDs

I haven't tried it with RealMedia. To play an audio file to
oss, simply run mplayer with the filename. You may need
full-size libc6 to access http or ftp directly.

Such as the SW7.1 or SW8.1 packages? Was libc5 compiled smaller (with less features) than usual for BL3?

David