baslinux - Re: [BL] gpf 0000 in linux

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] gpf 0000 in linux
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:46:39 +0000 (UTC)

I cannot boot ext2 BL2 or loop BL3, but ramdisk BL2 (booted from a DOS partition) will boot. I tried hitting F5 to bypass config.sys. I tried the BL2 kernel instead of the one I compiled. No help.

We are using MS DOS 7 on this computer because it has Win98, but booting with FreeDOS did not help either.

We have one hard drive with three FAT and one ext2 partition.
I can try a different hard drive or move this one to a different board to isolate the problem.

The only change we made to the software recently was to put two .sys files in config.sys for DOS, but bypassing them does not help. (This was so we could use the USB camera).

The AMD cpu has the drx bug, says hwinfo, but I don't see any diagnostics apart from this.