baslinux - Re: [BL] installing BL3 from ext2 hd partition to loop .img file

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] installing BL3 from ext2 hd partition to loop .img file
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:09:42 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> > How are you booting this?
>
> > From e:\baslin on my DOS partition, using the same boot.bat as came with
> the download of BL3-loop. But fs.img is copied from ext2 linux
> partition with that one change to fstab (mount /dev/loop0 on / not
> /dev/hdb1 on /)
> Perhaps I need to change something else too?

I think you can just ignore the error because:
> >> It boots anyway.

> Would grub fit on the 2-floppy bl3 instead of lilo?

Yes. Do you want instructions for making this change?

> I made fs.img and copied the filesystem from /dev/hdb1 to it, which
> of course had an fstab which mounted /dev/hdb1. But fs.img was
> copied to e:\baslin, from where I need to mount /dev/loop0 to /.
> If I had simply enlarged the 20 MB fs.img in e:\baslin (by copying
> files from it to a new 50 MB fs.img) this would not have been
> necessary but I instead copied files from my linux partition to a
> 50MB fs.img, and fstab had to be changed. Steven's installation
> program appears to edit fstab for you.

Yes, it does. I understand now why the edit was necessary.

> I will know more about the zip drive tomorrow. Or maybe it will
> work in DOS somehow.

Your next message said it works with imm.

---...---

> Many stations offer a choice of realaudio or windows media player,
> fewer offer streaming mp3. There is now something called smil
> format. ???

The last time I even thought about using SMIL was almost a decade
ago. It's somewhat like M3U, only more complex and with support for
RealAudio/RealPlayer files.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com