baslinux - Re: [BL] Copying with 2-button mouse in Xvesa without Xconfig

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Copying with 2-button mouse in Xvesa without Xconfig
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:23:00 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> How would I put this all on one line?
> Xvesa & rxvt & icewm -e opera&
>
> I try this and various other things and just get a screen with an X,
> or most of the time an error message saying icewm needs X to load.

You need to tell icewm and rxvt where to send their X output:

DISPLAY="127.0.0.1:0" Xvesa & rxvt & icewm -e opera

> >> Do I even need the ifconfig for server - 1.1?
> >
> > How are you going to get a network up without ifconfig?
>
> The answer seems to be yes. What does ifconfig do exactly?

It lets you bring networks up, for one thing. It also reports
your network configuration and lets you make changes as needed.

> Xvesa keeps dumping my 80x30 console setting. Is there some way to
> automatically put it back when I exit Xvesa? Maybe in xinit
> somehow?

Xvesa & rxvt; command_to_restore_settings (whatever that may be)?

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com