baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 http and cgi-bin

  • From: Stephen Clement <s.clement AT sympatico.ca>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 http and cgi-bin
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:17:31 -0500

David Moberg wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Scott" <mriscott AT yahoo.co.uk>

Hi,

I have been looking at the httpd in BL3.

Has anyone else played with this?

I have. I've used it mainly for file transfers.

According to the docs in the httpd.c source code in busybox (the only place
I could find any docs on the web!), it should do cgi if the path contains
cgi-bin. I cannot get this to work, however (it just wants to download the
source file!)

It does the same thing for me. I looked online, and it appears that it's an
optional feature. I don't know whether it's enabled or not. If it isn't you'll
need to compile a new httpd.

Anyone else had any success with this?

Success with serving static webpages, no success with cgi.

David

Hmm. I've built a mini_httpd that works with BL3 and it supports CGI. Some people have even reported to get PHP working quite nicely. If any of you would like it, I'll e-mail it to you on request. It's 74KB, statically compiled with dietlibc.

Thanks,

Stephen Clement